The roundtable aim is to offer a new forum during the IMF-World Bank Annual Meetings combining economics and new financial technologies to help shape public and public policy perceptions of the digital transformation in payments and finance. The goal is to bring together representatives from the official, private and academic sectors to debate benefits and risks of the emergence of digital currencies and support working towards establishing an effective institutional framework to accommodate new payment media.
We hope that this event will offer a new perspective among a broader trend of the transformation of the architecture of money.
This event is by invitation only
- Adolfo SARMIENTO: Manager of Economic Policy & Markets, Central Bank of Uruguay
- Angela WALCH: Professor at St. Mary’s University School of Law; Research Fellow at the Capital Markets Department, IMF Centre for Blockchain Technologies, University College London
- Harold JAMES: Professor of Economics, Princeton University
- Jihad ALWAZIR: Assistant Director, Central Banking Operations Division, Monetary and
- John VELISSARIOS: Global Blockchain Technology Lead, Accenture
- Marc UZAN: Executive Director, Reinventing Bretton Woods Committee
- Nouriel ROUBINI: CEO, Roubini Macro Associates
- Ousmène MANDENG: Advisor, Accenture
- Rodrigo CUBERO: President, Central Bank of Costa Rica
- Santiago FERNANDEZ DE LIS: Head of Regulation and Internal Control, BBVA
- Stijn CLAESSENS: Director of Financial Stability, BIS
- Yves MERSCH: Member of the Executive Board, ECB