Co-organized with the IMF Department of Central Asia & the Middle East, and in association with EBRD, this roundtable dialogue brought together policy makers, academics, private sector from the CCA and also from other emerging markets to engage in a dialogue on current global macro trends and topics relevant to the region and to other emerging economies.
The global economy is facing an unprecedented set of challenges that will affect the region, and the need for consultation and dialogue has never been so pressing within the region and within other regions of the world. Among other forward-looking policy themes to be discussed, this exchange focused on global macro, monetary and financial challenges as well as ways to strengthen the inclusive growth agenda and financial market development.
- Asli DEMIRGÜÇ-KUNT: Chief Economist, Europe & Central Asia World Bank Group
- Harinder KOHLI: CEO, Centennial Group
- Ivane MATCHAVARIANI: Minister of Finance, Republic of Georgia
- Jacob FRENKEL: Chairman, JP Morgan Chase International
- Jihad AZOUR: Director of Central Asia and Middle East Department, IMF
- Bruno BALVANERA: Managing Director, Central Asia EBRD
- Marc UZAN: Director, Reinventing Bretton Woods Committee
- Tolkunbek ABDYGULOV: Governor, National Bank of Kyrgyzstan